- Save time and money by preparing business cards, labels, coupons, newsletters, newspapers, magazines, and books for press, digital printing, or mock-ups, without leaving InDesign.
- Unlike "Print Booklet", IDImposer creates a new "printer spread" InDesign document, ready for inspection and printing or exporting to PDF. Your original document is unchanged.
- "One Click" production of Step and Repeat, N Up, Cut and Stack, Saddle Stitch, and Perfect Bound layouts.
- NEW: support for 8-Up triple fold and other complex N Up layouts with rotated pages.
- Support for mm, cm, pt, picas, ciceros, agates, and inches.
- FREE* -- IDImposer is fully functional for a 15-day trial period. If you like it, you may use the following License Key to register IDImposer:
(see the Register tab in IDImposer).
- To avoid problems installing on Windows or Lion (MacOS X 10.7.x), be sure to read the &ReadMeFIRST.txt that comes with the IDImposer download.
*Note: future releases may not be free!
IDImposer is a professional quality extension plugin for producing impositions in Adobe InDesign.
Requirements: InDesign CS5 or CS5.5 or CS6, for MacOS X and Windows.
Saddle Stitch and Perfect Bound booklet imposition layouts are used for rearranging a 'Reader Spread' document into a new 2-Up 'Printer Spread' document, ready for folding and binding into a newsletter, newspaper, magazine, or book. IDImposer is smart about preserving challenging objects such as Auto page numbers, Master Page items, items that span facing pages, and bleed.
InDesign ships with a "Print Booklet" feature that does some of these things, but it is a print-time feature, and as such does not create a new InDesign document. This has the disadvantages of not allowing you to inspect the output layout before committing it to print, not allowing you to place job information slugs and other information on the output before final printing, and makes high quality export to PDF problematic.
Replicate (Step and Repeat) replicates a (typically) small InDesign document such as a business card or label N times, onto a new A4 or Letter sized (or any other size) InDesign document, and adds cut marks at the appropriate locations. Graphics are allowed to bleed off the edges of the original business card. IDImposer comes with standard layout presets for business cards, and other layouts can be easily created and saved.
Consecutive N Up layouts can be used to print multiple sequential pages on a sheet, and then simply fastening the sheets along the left edge or upper left corner. The layout can consist of any number of rows and columns of source pages. N Up is also useful for turning 2-up booklet impositions into 4-up, 6-up, or 8-up impositions, to save on paper costs.
Cut and Stack layouts are used when you want to cut to single pages, while utilizing paper and press efficiently by imaging several source pages per sheet. Both one and two-sided layouts are supported.
IDImposer includes full support for cut (trim) marks and other printer marks. Several marks styles are supported by default, and more can be easily created and saved.
Download and unzip the newest version of IDImposer, 1.3.14, dated 14 March 2013:
The included &ReadMeFIRST.txt file contains important installation instructions!
Please contact support@SterlingComputing.com for:
Bug reports, with your source files and other description,
Problems or questions about installing or using IDImposer, and
Any suggestions or glowing comments that you may have.